Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indianapolis Will Host Super Bowl XLVI

WooHoo! How exciting is that?! Of course, it would be even better if we were playing in it! One can only hope.

It'll be good for Indianapolis to host the Super Bowl. Lots of tourists. Lots of money coming in to the state. Lots of opportunity. Really good for their economy. I hope they pull it off. Between security and hotel space and building the new practice field, it's going to be a lot of work. The airport will be crazy busy for two whole weeks. Traffic will be a nightmare. Makes me kind of glad I don't live in Indy.

But you know, even thought it would be very cool to say that I went to a Super Bowl, I think I prefer to watch the game on television. I like watching the game from my couch. I love it that there's no line for my bathroom. I like it that I can fix whatever snack I want for a reasonable cost. I like it that I don't have to drive two plus hours away and fight traffic. I like it that I have the best parking space in the place. I love instant replay. I even like it that I can flip channels to the 'other' game during commercials. I just like watching the game from the comfort of my own home.

But if given the opportunity to go, I probably would. ESPECIALLY IF THE COLTS WERE PLAYING!!! But I am NOT one of those people that would pay $1,000 for a ticket on e-Bay.

No comments: