Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Perfect Moment


I couldn’t get to sleep last night. I don’t know why. Sometimes I know why…too much on my mind, not feeling well, too hot or too cold. But none of those things was the culprit last night. I just couldn’t get to sleep. I tossed and turned and rationalized and prayed, but to no avail. So, I got dressed and went out on my front porch.


Wow! What a gift!


I sat on the one chair there that normally serves as just another place where the cat sleeps. I kicked my feet up onto the railing. In no time, Linus Felinus was bounding onto my lap. And we just sat there in silence, enjoying the gift.


It was absolutely gorgeous. And so peaceful. I decided then and there that I LOVE the sounds of gentle winds. The yellow glow of the street lamps reflected on the new green leaves. The lawn looked like rolling velvet, exaggerating every slope. The sky was clear and even with the glow of the lights, I could see the stars. I couldn’t describe the temperature as a number, but it was perfect.


I sat out there with Linus Felinus for a good 30 minutes. We were just listening to the sound of the breeze and watching how it made the leaves dance. Far away, I could hear the soft sound of wind chimes. We just sat there. Not saying a word. It was lovely. A perfect moment.

No comments: