Monday, May 10, 2010

Nutrisystem: Week 2

Okay, one thing I've learned...I'm MUCH better at the self-control and staying-on-track thing with respect to a balanced diet when I'm at work and already IN a routine. When I'm at home, not so much. To solve that problem, I need to work more often.

Unfortunately, I called in sick today. Deep chest cold and cough. So, I didn't eat much of anything. So, either go to work or be sick. THAT will control my caloric intake. I didn't eat much yesterday either, as I slept a TON. But Friday and Saturday, NOT healthy diet days. Shame on me. Must focus on staying the course during my weekends.

But last week at work, I ate more fruits and veggies and low-fat cheese consistently than I have probably ever. And I've been good at getting at least four cups of water in. I need to be drinking at least eight cups of water. But since I was drinking next to NONE before, I building up. This week, I'll go for six each day.

I got my blood work back late last week. My sugar is high...103. Not grossly high, but they like for it to be under 100. My cholesterol is improved, though my LDL (the bad kind) is unchanged. And my iron count is low. She wants me to watch my diet, increase my exercise, and start taking a daily multi-vitamin with iron...and get my blood checked again in six months.

I like it that I'll get my blood checked in six months. That coincides with my 40th birthday and my first goal of being under 200 lbs. Staying on track will make both me AND my doctor happy.

I waited until today to weigh myself since I didn't have a good Fri/Sat. Today's weight? Drum roll please...


234. That's a loss of 4 lbs. WooHoo! That leaves 35 lbs in 25 weeks.

No comments: