Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade Vegetable Soup

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to start trying out some of the soup recipes on the Weight Watchers site. Since I only cook for one, I figured I could make a soup on Sunday, have it for dinner, and then have lunch already made up for every day of the week.

Well, I finally put my plan into action. This past weekend, I made homemade vegetable soup in my crock pot. I don't know why I made it in the crock pot. But it worked for me. And I didn't actually follow a recipe. I got a good start there, but I added my favorite veggies.

I've never actually made vegetable soup that didn't come out of a can. That sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it? But I'm pretty sure it's true. So, I was a little worried that I'd be all excited to try my soup and then I wouldn't like it. But it was wonderful! I already can't wait to make the next one.

This week's homemade soup ingredients:
Canned mushrooms
Canned green beans
Canned white corn
Canned diced tomatoes with garlic
Frozen spinach
Fresh broccoli
Fresh onion
Fresh red bell pepper
Fresh cabbage
Emeril's Organic Vegetable Stock
V8 tomato juice

No comments: