Friday, April 19, 2013

Tiredness

Okay, so I didn't sleep well Sunday night.  Actually, I struggled to even get to sleep.  I slept better, but not great, Monday night.  Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I felt like I slept well, but I still woke up tired and felt tired much of the day.  Then last night I woke up several times during the night.  Luckily, I was able to fall asleep every time, but I felt exhausted all day long.

It's becoming the norm for me that I rarely sleep well Sunday night and that I get more and more tired as my week drags on.  By Thursday and Friday after work, I just want to come home and take a nap!  I have got to find a way to get more sound sleep.

It's amazing how exhausting it is to yawn all day long.  I spent more time rubbing my eyes and doing full-body stretches today than I did walking.  Strangely, lack of sleep also makes me feel battered...not that I've literally been battered.  But still, sore and bruised.  I know my whole body suffers when I don't get good sleep.  And I'm getting a little tired of it!

So I'm breaking out the CPAP again.  I know, I know, I should have been using it all along.  But I can't use it when I have a head cold.  If I can't breathe through my nose, I can't use the CPAP.  So when I stopped using it this winter during my three weeks of Mucinex-induced sleep, I just never plugged it back in again.

Tonight that changes.  I've already dismantled it and cleaned it out.  I've refreshed the water that's in it.  And it's already put back together and ready for use tonight.  Hopefully I can tell a difference in the morning.  I should be able to use it nightly again...until cold season next year.

Sleep well, my friends!  I know I plan to!

No comments: