Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside.

So I didn't go to work today.  That is to say, I didn't go into the office.  I worked from home.  I think it's safe to say that I knew I was going to work from home Monday when I went to bed on Sunday.  Sure we didn't get nearly as much snow as we were told we might.  But it was every bit as cold as they warned.

Personally, I'd rather have the snow.  I love snow.  I think because it reminds me of my time in Colorado.  But I also think it's beautiful.  And I like to think that things slow down when there's so much snow.  I know it's primarily to be safer when driving.  But still, it's just a little more peaceful.  I think of a snowy day as quiet and peaceful.  I like quiet and peaceful.

Even though we didn't get much snow, it was truly cold.  Most of the day, my phone app said that it was -4 degrees here, with a windchill of -29.  I personally don't know if that's accurate, as I didn't venture outdoors even once to find out for myself.  But I have no reason to doubt it.  Tomorrow we should get up to 18.  The day after that, we'll be up to freezing.  And by Friday, we'll be in the mid-forties.  Sounds good to me!

I read something today that made me think twice.  It said, "Never lie to someone you trust.  Never trust someone who lies to you."  I have someone in my life who lies to me ALL THE TIME...and then wonders why there's no trust.  This same person questions me regularly, as if my character is the one that's flawed.  Perhaps it is.  But relatively speaking, between the two of us that is, I'm not the more damaged.  It's taken me awhile to come to that conclusion.  And I'm still working on believing it.

Confession:  I am so NOT in the Relay spirit.  We have Kick-Off to plan over the next couple of weeks.  I need to contact Shoals to find out when they want to do their Coaches vs. Cancer.  I need to get on planning Loogootee's Coaches vs. Cancer.  We're supposed to have a few more Committee members.  We need to start contacting our Sponsors.  We need to start recruiting Teams... and one of our Team Development Chairs just stepped down and the other one's mother was just given 6-9 months to live.  (She's dying of cancer.)  I have got to get to that place where I'm motivated and motivating.  Instead, I just keep telling myself that in six months, it'll all be over.

No comments: