Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Starting Sunday, January 19th

Earlier this week, I posted a picture stating that just because you haven't attacked your resolutions in January doesn't mean you've failed them.  I probably shouldn't use the word resolution.  Nevertheless, I've got all the tools at my disposal to move forward with my "Journey to a Better Me".  I want to lose weight and get healthier.  I want to sleep better and enjoy more peace and happiness.  I want to read and write more.  I want to do a better job keeping up with my budget and increasing my savings.  I want to actually finish writing a book, instead of regularly starting a new one.  I want to organize my home and my car and live in a less cluttered, stress-free environment.

But I know I can't change all of that at the same time.  But I can start focusing on each of these one at a time.  And hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be much more content with who I am.

I created a workout and menu plan that starts this Sunday.  My tools of choice are Nutrisystem, Focus T25, Les Mills Pump, doTerra Slim & Sassy essential oil, and plenty of water.  If I do what I can to stick to the schedule as much as possible, I expect positive results.  If I get brave, I may share pictures and weight/measurement progress as I go.

I tried the Nutrisystem plan a few years ago and lost weight with it.  I liked the food and learned a lot about portion control.  It was super-convenient to have the meals already made, just needed heated up.  And they were portable, making it easy to continue with the program at work or elsewhere.  I will add nuts, eggs, cheese, fruits, and vegetables to the prepackaged meals.  Otherwise, I want to avoid eating anything outside of this program.  My initial plan is to do these meals for at least three months, but preferably six months.  In addition to dropping weight, I should see changes in my cholesterol numbers as well.


I bought T25 a month or so ago.  I started doing it along with the modifier (the one person on the screen who does things a with a little less intensity than Shaun T) and realized I needed to modify the modifier.  It was so frustrating to realize how out of shape I am.  And I really let it get to me and quickly stopped pushing play on my T25 DVD.  To think, just 18 months ago, I did my second 5k in two months.  Unfortunately, I've done nothing physical since then.  Well, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if I can't keep up with Shaun T.  It doesn't even matter that I can't keep up with the modifier.  One day I will.  Until then, I'll go at my own pace...while I keep moving for 25 minutes straight six days a week.  My plan is to do this workout first thing every morning, Monday through Saturday.  It's a 10-week program.  If I keep doing it back to back, I could get through it five times in the next year.  Hopefully by the second go-around, I'll be able to keep up with the modifier...and by the third go-around, I'll be closer to keeping up with Shaun T.


I've actually finished the Les Mills Pump (LMP) schedule before.  I LOVE LMP!  It's a workout program on DVD, but it uses weights instead of being all about cardio.  It makes me feel strong and powerful.  I also see progress faster when I'm lifting weights.  Whereas T25 will get my heart rate up for 25+ minutes six days a week, LMP will help me build stronger muscles throughout my body 3-4 days a week.  I'll likely start with a light weight, 5 lbs on each end of the barbell.  But I'll build up as I go.  I intend to do this workout at the when I get home from work each day.  This program is 13 weeks long.  If I keep doing it back to back, I could get through it four times in the next year.


Are you at all familiar with essential oils?  From the doTerra website:

Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.  They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant.

In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and being beautifully fragrant to people, essential oils have been used throughout history in many cultures for their medicinal and therapeutic benefits.  Modern scientific study and trends toward more holistic approaches to wellness are driving a revival and new discover of essential oil health applications.

dōTERRA®'s Slim & Sassy® Metabolic Blend is a proprietary formula of CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils designed to help manage appetite between meals.  Slim & Sassy includes a blend of grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger, and cinnamon essential oils.  Just add 8 drops to 16 oz. of water (regular size bottle of water) and drink between your healthy meals throughout the day to help manage hunger, calm your stomach, and lift your mood.


And finally, I know it's well-accepted that in order to lose weight, you must be drinking plenty of water.  I always thought 8 glasses of water every day was a lot.  But I've since learned that the bigger you are, the more water you should be drinking.  In fact, you should really be drinking one ounce of water for every two pounds you weigh.  Since I weigh well over 200 lbs, I should be drinking nearly a gallon of water a day.  Now THAT'S a lot of water.  But hey, if I start losing weight, I can start reducing the amount of water I drink.  There's something to look forward to.  And honestly, water flavored with Slim & Sassy isn't too bad.





No comments: