Monday, January 13, 2014

Resolution Fail...Shocker!

Today was supposed to be the day I started working out again.  I had a plan.  I had a goal.  Of course it was a resolution.  But it was even bigger than that.  Or so I thought.

Instead, I overslept by HOURS and have done nothing since then.  I called work and told them I wouldn't be in.  I could have accomplished so much today... laundry, workout, getting my tire fixed, cleaning out my fridge, going for a walk, shipping gifts, reading, or even working from home.  But instead, I did NOTHING.  Absolutely nothing.

Every weekend, I get behind in taking my meds.  And every Monday morning, I pay the price.  Why do I do it?  What's the point?  I KNOW the ramifications of that decision.  I KNOW I could miss work.  I KNOW it brings me down emotionally.  I KNOW it's not doing me a darn bit of good in the long run.  Yet I do it anyway... almost every weekend.

Maybe THAT should have been my New Year's resolution.  Commit to taking my meds and following my doctor's orders every day.  EVERY day.

Lucky for me...

No comments: