Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I can't sleep.

I overslept this morning (technically, yesterday morning).  My alarm clock was originally set for 0500.  I pushed it back to 0630, but I don't remember it going off at that time.  It's possible that I snoozed right through it.  But more likely, I doubt my cell phone recognized that I reset the alarm.  My phone is nearly three years old and gives me trouble regularly.

Anyway, I didn't wake up until closer to 1030 this morning.  I haven't slept a wink since then.  But I cannot get to sleep tonight.

My head has been hurting since around 6 or 7pm.  And even though it's feeling much better now...in that I no longer feel the need to throw up...it's still throbbing.  My stomach is also a bit upset.  Again, it was worse earlier, but is still not quite right.a

I remember that a friend of mine asked about my blood pressure during one of my previous headaches.  So I checked my BP.  Sure enough, it was a bit high at 130/90.  That bottom number gets me every time.  I've since taken it and it's back down to 122/75.  But I wonder if the headache is a BP thing or if something else is the problem.

I've been getting random headaches for about a year now.  They hurt so bad, I feel nauseous.  They seem to come out of nowhere and I can't seem to get rid of them no matter what I try.  I guess they could be migraines; I have a history of migraines.  But I'm accustomed to getting the usual early migraine symptoms:  blind spots, aura, light sensitivity, not being able to find my words.  But these headaches don't start off that way, making me think it's something different.

But eventually they go, as mysteriously as they came.  I can't explain them and am just thankful that they've passed.

I bring this up tonight because perhaps it's the headache and upset stomach that are keeping me awake tonight.  I'm not sure.  But it's 0230, Wednesday.  My alarm is again set to go off at 0500.  And even though I can't stop yawning, I can't seem to settle in enough to fall asleep.  Insomnia is so frustrating.

No comments: