Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

That's what it says on my Franklin Covey Day Planner. Today is the first day of fall.

I love fall. It's my favorite of all the seasons. Has been since I was a kid and loved summer like all other kids do.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

The temperature in this part of the country is mild and comfortable. Perfect for sitting out on the porch and opening the windows to let in the fresh air.
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

The leaves on the trees turn the most beautiful colors. And they're ever-changing. It's just a beautiful time.
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus

And the corn and soybeans are ready to harvest. Everything is ready to harvest! It's just a neat time.
For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad. ~Edwin Way Teale

Not to mention, I love that it's football season. Weekends spent with my favorite teams.
Deep inside, we're still the boys of autumn, that magic time of the year that once swept us onto America's fields. ~Archie Manning

What's not to like about the fall?
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

No comments: