Saturday, July 26, 2008

93 Years Young

This is my grandma with four of her great-grandchildren (all of my parents' grandchildren). This picture was taken just three weeks ago.

Today my grandma turned 93. I stopped by the nursing home to visit with her. She seemed to be having a good day. I talked with her for a few minutes. Then I just sat with her. At one point, she was looking right at me. So, I just smiled and looked into those crystal blue eyes. I swear, it doesn't matter how old or how tired Grandma gets, she has the bluest eyes of anyone I know.

This picture was taken at Christmas in 2006. This is three of those same kids from above. If you click on the picture, you can see those bright blue eyes I mentioned before.

As we sat there in silence watching each other, I noticed that her hand was shaking. So, I reached out to hold it. And she squeezed my hand in return. We just sat there, smiling and looking into each other's eyes, holding hands.

Eventually, she fell asleep. I let go of her hand, kissed her on the head and wished her a happy birthday.

After mass and dinner with my parents, Jeff and I did some shopping. At work, we're gathering items to send to the troops. So, Jeff and I got TONS of things. It was really cool to do that kind of shopping together. As we were getting ready to check out. Jeff said that I should put bible verses on them. What a great idea...JEFF! So, I ran to grab labels that I can print bible verses on. I can't wait to stick them all over the things we're sending over there.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I am sure Jeff will enjoy his weekend coming up. Sounds like he is thinking about God!!

Leslie said...

I think you're right! And it's amazing to see. : )