Friday, July 18, 2008

I cannot contain my excitement!!!

Months of prayer have been answered. Months!

Tonight during dinner at Los Bravos, my son completed (and signed!) his Chrysalis application. He is attending the Chrysalis Flight set for August 14-16!

Last night, while driving Jeff home from his dad's, I asked him if he'd taken any time during his vacation to think about attending the retreat. He said he did not. After a long conversation about it, I ended with one request. I told him that I wanted him to do one thing. As he was lying in his bed with his eyes closed, I wanted him to take a deep breath and simply ask God if He wanted him to attend this Chrysalis weekend. If his heart rate sped up or some other obvious answer came, Jeff should go. If he felt nothing, it simply wasn't his time.

Jeff said that he was NOT going to pray that prayer. When I asked him why not, he said that he was afraid of the wrath of God. I just laughed and reminded him that God appreciates it when we ask what His will is for us. No, Jeff was afraid of what the answer to the question might be. I told him that if he prayed that prayer, we'd honor God's response no matter what it was.

The next morning I asked him about the prayer. He said he didn't pray it, then he had this silly grin on his face. We discussed it a little, but I didn't press him.

Later that day, I invited him out to dinner. One of the errands I'd run was to go to the library and print out the Chrysalis application. So, I took it in to dinner with us. As we sat and talked about it and ate our chips and salsa, Jeff filled out the application. He even signed it. Afterwards he said, "well, now I guess I have to go."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad that he is going. I know it has been on your heart for a while now. I hate that I missed Brandi's witnessing. We didn't get back from St. Louis until five and we had to take things out to my sisters. I'm sure it was wonderful! See you Monday