Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Congratulations are in order...

Jeff got his acceptance letter to Indiana University Southeast today. He was pretty excited. And I'm very proud of him. We were both a little worried...but only just a little.

Although things could change at any moment, his current plan is to get a degree in Biology and try out the whole pre-med thing. Jeff and I decided a long time ago that he was not cut out for medicine because of his complete aversion to blood and needles. But he found a medical position that doesn't have a whole lot of either one. Optometry.

Dr. J., Doctor of Optometry

7-8 years in college.

I wish him well. Really I do. But I have a hard time believing that Jeff will stick with anything for that long. He's not the best student. He should be; he's very bright. But he chooses NOT to excel. Then again, he IS growing up. So, maybe this is just the goal he needs...to focus on something bigger than weekend plans, to plan for his future, to truly apply himself and see what he's actually capable of. It could happen.

I hope it happens.

So, now comes all kinds of paperwork. Housing. Financial Aid. Orientation. Logging into the network and creating a schedule.

Wow, in less than 8 months, my son could be in college. Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that I'm not old enough to have a kid in college.

So, what IS a Grenadier anyway?

OH! And my brother, who is a HUGE IU fan, is going to have a field day with this one. Jeff, a HUGE UK fan, will be attending an IU school. Whodathunkit?!

No comments: