Friday, December 19, 2008

I almost forgot...I've been awarded!

My dear friend Christy at To Be or Not to Be has blessed me with the FABULOUS BLOGGER AWARD! How cool is that?!

Here are the rules to receiving this award:
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

Okay, first the five fabulous blogs.
1. Sara Willhelm at
Sweet Somethings - I used to work with Sara at Crane. I miss her. But I keep up with her life and her two little ones on her photo blog.
2.
Sprinkles of Light (by Sara Willhelm) - I know, two by the same person. And this one is her business. But I LOVE her work. She takes pictures of pregnant moms, newborns, and kids of all ages. She's really talented.
3. Cassandra Ann at
Living for the Moment - Cassie is my cousin. She's a brand new blogger, mostly to keep her family informed of what she's up to. She is a beautiful girl, so talented and so intelligent. I just always want the best for her.
4. Kerrie Flanagan at
The Writing Bug - Kerrie's hope is that her blog will inform, educate and inspire all those who have caught the writing bug. She definitely informs, educates, and inspires me!
5. Beth Morrissey at
Hell or High Water - Beth is out of Dublin, Ireland and is a freelance writer. Her website is always loaded with writing contests and freelance leads. It takes a special person to advertise work to her competitors. I LOVE that about a person.

Now five fabulous facts about me.
1. I am totally in love with Dr. Gregory House. Not Hugh Laurie the actor, but House the character. I know he's a jerk, but he's so darn good at his job! (Yes, I know he's a fictional character. I've been single a LONG time. Humor me.)
2. I am a HUGE football fan. My favorite teams are the Indianapolis Colts, most of the Big Ten teams, and the Air Force Falcons.
3. One of my favorite songs ever is the Star-Spangled Banner. I'm not sure if I've just always been patriotic or if my stint in the Air Force pushed me over the edge. But there are times when this song brings tears to my eyes. I enjoy singing it too.
4. When I am really down or overwhelmed or out of sorts, I get in my car and drive and sing. I find it very relaxing. The inside of my car becomes my whole world. Nothing else exists. It's a wonderful place to be. Oh, and normally those drives happen in the middle of the night.
5. My favorite bible verse is James 1:2-3 - "Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials. For it is the testing of your faith that produces perseverance." My translation - "It's all good." I say it all the time. ALL the time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love books and "What Not To Wear" too! Two of my favorite things in fact. Just stopping by to say hello, found you on SITS :)

Ronnica said...

That's hilarious that you like House. I must admit there is something attractive about him, but I can't get over his jerkiness!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie, too funny what happened. But I do love to drive around and sing in my car too ;) Hope you're having a good weekend!

Alicia said...

Just stopping by from SITS and wanted to say hi.

The Jeffers Clan said...

Leslie...just wanted you to know that I love Dr. House too! I get so upset when I lay down in bed and it's not on! Great minds think alike.