Sunday, December 7, 2008

Two Miles a Day

Okay, I'm back to hitting the gym. And I'm loving it. Why oh why do I go so long without hitting the gym. I need to do it. I enjoy doing it. My doctor practically begs me to do it. Yet I find 101 other things to do to avoid it. Ugh. I'm ashamed.

But I'm recommitting. Even if I just walk two miles a day. I can do two miles a day. I can make time for two measly miles a day. It takes me right around 45 minutes. As I get faster doing my two miles, I'll add in some weights.

Today is the second day in a row that I've made it to the gym. I walked more than two miles both days and then did five minutes on the elliptical machine. That darn thing kicks my butt. I couldn't do much more than that really. This week, I'll do five minutes every day. Next week, I'll up it to six. I'll continue to add a minute (or more) every week until I'm counting miles instead of minutes.
Oh, and if I do two miles every day for the next 28 days, I'll have another 40 X 40 goal completed. WooHoo!

And I have to say, I'm sleeping better. I don't know that it has anything to do with my workouts though. I think it has more to do with the antibiotic that my doctor prescribed. I took naps Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. I probably would have again today, except that I was watching the Colts win their sixth in a row. (WooHoo! Go, COLTS!) I should sleep well tonight though.

Ugh, I think Jeff has a kidney stone again. He doesn't want to go to the doctor. But he was in a lot of pain this morning. He seems to be doing okay right now. But it's only a matter of time with a kidney stone. When it decides to move, look out. I just hope this one passes quickly. This is at least the third time he's had stones since the beginning of June, maybe the fourth. Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ok. fine. i hear you god. every time i turn the tv on or get an email or read a blog, someone is hitting th gym again. fine. i'll do it. grrr.

i like ur blog anyway! smiles. thanks for stopping by my blog!