Extraordinary Jubilee of MercyDecember 8, 2015 - November 20, 2016
Pope Francis has declared a Jubilee Year of Mercy, offering an opportunity for Catholics to receive a plenary indulgence during this special time.
This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord on the day of Easter: to be a sign and an instrument of the Father's mercy," the pope declared.
Plenary Indulgence for Jubilee Year of Mercy
Indianapolis Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, CSsR, designated Saint Meinrad's Archabbey Church as one of two churches in the archdiocese that Catholics may visit to receive a plenary indulgence established by the Holy See for the jubilee year.
To receive an indulgence during the Jubilee Year of Mercy:
- Pass through the doors of mercy of the pilgrimage church.
- Make a profession of faith in the church (either the Apostles' or Nicene Creed).
- Pray for the pope's intentions and the pope himself.
- Meditate on mercy while receiving Communion during a period 20 days before or after visiting the pilgrimage church.
- Participate in the sacrament of penance during a period 20 days before or after visiting the pilgrimage church.