Monday, September 12, 2016

What I Did This Weekend

I had a relatively busy weekend.  I guess those are the best kinds, feeling productive on my days off.


It started with the CWV Spaghetti Supper on Friday night.  I was in charge of selling raffle tickets.  Many had already purchased raffle tickets during one of our stints after the masses three weeks in a row in August.  But still, I sold $200 worth.  I was pretty happy with that.  And ultimately we made $1300 last I heard.  So it was a very good night for the future scholarships.  Not to mention, good food and good company.


Saturday, I didn't do much but read and sleep.  I love a day when I get to sleep in.  Any day without an alarm clock is a good day in my book.  Speaking of book, I also read some of Janet Evanovich's "Two for the Dough".  And I always say, any day where I get to read fiction is a good day.  So I didn't get much done on Saturday, but I got to accomplish two of my favorite things, sleeping in and reading a good book.  It was lovely!


Sunday, I cantored at the 10am mass.  That went pretty well.  Then I went with relatives to Ireland's church picnic.  What an event that was.  So big, so organized, GREAT food.  I don't think we won anything, but we had a really good time.  Then we stopped by my cousin Gary's to see his place.  After that, Mom and I stopped by the funeral home to see Helen.  She seemed to be doing really well considering she just lost her mom.  I can't imagine losing my mom, so I really feel for her.  After that, Mom and I did a bit of grocery shopping.


You see, I think I might be fighting my first flare up of gout.  My big toe on my left foot is all swollen, red, and VERY painful when I try to bed it.  I need to get in to see the doctor.  But everyone I've talked to in the interim swears by cherries.  So Mom an I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things that had cherries in them.  And I have to admit, I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday.  At least I have a shoe on today.  Yesterday I walked around with one shoe off.


I finished the day watching an exciting Colts game that didn't quite finish the way we wanted it to.  My MVP goes to Jack Doyle because he made two touchdowns and because he's also a Doyle.  What's not to like?!  Maybe we'll figure out how to play football in the first half and come out with a better ending next week.

No comments: