Sunday, September 25, 2016

I feel so much better.

I prefer to go to mass on Saturday night.  There are a couple of reasons for this.  One, I get to sleep in on Sunday.  Two, I get to go to mass and dinner with my mom.  This has become a routine for us.  Unless I'm singing at mass Sunday morning, I'm usually at mass Saturday night.

This week, and not for the first time, we had dinner with my aunt and uncle.  It was wonderful catching up and getting their opinions on things going on in the world.  And things going on in my head.  I have to say, I am so thankful for close family.

I've been challenged lately by a particular circumstance in my life.  My dinner guests last night made me feel so much more confident about things.  They gave me words to speak and remember to maintain my equilibrium.

I've been somewhat overwhelmed during the last couple of weeks.  And I don't like that feeling at all. But I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm not ready to throw in the towel.  Not just yet. Everything depends on a constructive conversation on Wednesday.  I'll know more about how I want to move forward after that.

Once that meeting happens on Wednesday, I'll make a decision.  Between now and then, I'll pray and keep an open mind.  I want to do what's best for my future.  But I want to maintain my mental health as well.  I've been depression-free for more than nine months now and I'll do anything to maintain that streak.

No comments: