Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday?



It's Good Friday. I've been wondering why we call it Good Friday. I mean, I understand and accept that the events that occurred on Good Friday had to happen in order for us to have an Easter. But I guess I never really understood why we call it GOOD Friday. Somebody is just going to have to explain it to me.

Unfortunately, I had to work today. And I worked a long day. I was one of the last people to leave the building. But I got a lot done. And since I had a lot to do, it worked out pretty well for me. So many people take Good Friday off that I didn't have the disruption of customers calling all day. I know I probably should have taken off too, at least half a day. But with my current workload (and backlog), it didn't really seem like a responsible choice.

I hated missing church and the procession to the cross though. Touching the cross and trying in my little brain to imagine what it would have been like to carry it through the streets or, God forbid, to be nailed to it. Of course, I could NEVER adequately understand it. But I at least try to appreciate what Christ did for me.

My brother and his family got into town this evening. So, I spent some time with my dad and Alan watching IU get beat. It was kind of a bummer that they lost, but it was really nice spending time with two of my favorite guys. And tomorrow, I get to see my VERY FAVORITE guy.

No comments: