Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holy Thursday


Okay, my Holy Week started off with a communal reconciliation service Monday. I served my penance by teaching my last religion class last night. I should NOT be this THRILLED that the CCD year is over. But I am. I probably need to go to confession again. Actually, we still have the closing mass yet. But that's a few weeks away. And I enjoy mass, so even these kids can't ruin that for me.

My Holy Week continued tonight with mass. I've decided that I really need to go to mass during the week more often. I know I have an easy, convenient opportunity on Tuesday nights. But I need to check around to see if there are other local masses that I can attend through the week. I just love the peaceful, centering feeling that comes with mass. I really crave that right now.

Subject change... Every week on Thursday, Helium starts their weekly writing contests with all new topics to write about. I don't always write an article for the contests because I don't feel I know enough about the topics. But this week, one of them was Catholicism. I chose four topics that I thought I could write about. I've started making notes on two of the topics: Saint Bernadette and Confession - Does it give us permission to continue to sin. But I haven't written the articles yet. I really need to get on that since the contest week ends Wednesday.

No comments: