Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Gift

Over a week ago, I ran into my little brother and his wife on one of the days that I took off work to 'deal with things'. I was venting about Jeff and was obviously not handling any of it all that well.

This past week, my brother called to say that they'd be in town and had a gift for me. My sister-in-law crochets and made me a pillow cover. It was dark blue with a large brown cross crocheted on one side. (I don't have a picture of MY pillow, but this is one from Erin's Etsy site.)

This gift is doubly wonderful and I'll tell you why. First, it was really nice that they were thinking about me and my struggles this past couple of weeks. Second, my sister-in-law isn't a Christian. But she made me a Christian gift because she knew that it would comfort me.

And it has. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you like the pillow! As soon as Ian and I got home from talking with you from Wal-mart, I knew I wanted to do something special for you to let you know that we're thinking about you. The pillow seemed like a good idea because it's soft and you can vent on it when you need to. :) I know your faith gives you strength, and whatever I can do to help with that is totally worth it. Ian and I try to help when we can. :D