Sunday, September 7, 2008

oh and one

There's still nearly five minutes left of this game. But I have absolutely no confidence in the Colts' ability to win this one...or even score again, really. They're down by 16 points! 16!! Our defense has been lacking. Our offense hasn't been remotely sharp. And Chicago has totally had their way with us in every aspect of the game. It's just been ugly. A disappointing end to my wonderfully positive football weekend.

I wonder if it's the lack of playing time during the pre-season for so many of our big names. I wonder if it's all the injuries that we're still nursing. I wonder if it's the new stadium. I wonder if we're simply not as good as I'd like us to be. Maybe it's just the Bears getting vengeance after we beat them in the Super Bowl...18 months ago.

But it's not just me. On ESPN's football web page, eight different 'experts' picked the Colts to win this one. Uhhh, that is NOT going to happen. Then again, those same experts picked San Diego to win too...and were wrong. Most of them picked Detroit...and were wrong. Most of them picked Jacksonville...and were wrong. Most of them picked Cincinnati...and were wrong. So, I guess the experts are just as fallible as the rest of us.

And to think I was excited earlier to see Jacksonville lose. I've read a couple of headlines about how they're poised to knock us off of our AFC South Champion streak. I'll bet they were THRILLED to see us lose tonight. Man, looking at the day's results, it was a rough weekend for some of the AFC's big teams.

But my point is, it makes me a little nervous to see our Colts get beat by the Bears, who are supposed to be a weaker team...AT our home stadium...SO handily. This is pretty sad. And shocking!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I was a little surprised the colts lost. Manning didn't seem on top of his game yesterday. I am watching my team--the Broncos right now. Go Broncos!