Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hello, FOOTBALL!!!

I LOVE football season! Fall is my favorite time of year and football has a lot to do with that.

I mostly watch the NFL on Sunday. Go COLTS!!! But I also follow the NCAA on Saturday. I don't really have a favorite college football team. Pretty much, I cheer for everyone in the Big Ten and the Air Force Falcons. I never watched football until I was in the Air Force stationed at the Air Force Academy. And even though I've been out of the service for nearly 13 years (wow, time flies!), I still like to see them do well.

EVERY Big Ten team won today. All 11 of them. Some more convincingly than others. But nevertheless, all victories. That's pretty amazing. And Air Force won...AT Wyoming. Very cool!

Bonus: Navy lost to Ball State, an Indiana team. Don't get me wrong, I like to see all of the service academies do well. There's just something about their graduation rates being so high and their sacrifice to serve our country and defend freedom...I'm a sucker for all that. But I LOVE to see those Indiana teams win too.

I had so much I wanted to do today. I accomplished about 1/3 of my plans. And I have no real reason for being such a lazy bum. I stayed up too late last night and slept in as late as I wanted today. Not a good start to a productive weekend. I mowed half the lawn. Didn't finish because I'm so out of shape, it just took too much out of me. My plan is to finish it tomorrow morning... barring any rain. I did read. And I've blogged. And I did A LOT of reading about writing. Too much really.

I'd love to say that tomorrow will be better, but I'm not all that hopeful. I will go to church and finish mowing the lawn. Then Jeff and I are supposed to go to Holiday World. I want to hear Steven sing...finally! Colts game tomorrow night!!! And I need to do laundry in there somewhere.
Then I need to do what I can to get to bed at a decent hour. Monday comes SO quickly.