Thursday, September 11, 2008

Television Shows I'll Never Watch

There are several programs on television right now that I'd never watch...based solely on the title! I know, I have a very closed-minded opinion on this topic. I should at the very least watch an episode and give them the benefit of the doubt. But no, I have NO interest in watching some shows because I don't want to have to refer to them by their titles. Here's a list to name a few.
  1. Bridezillas - It's HER day. Why portray her as the monster? And even if some women are 'difficult' about their weddings, why memorialize it in film? Justifying such behavior with a television show makes it look like most women would act that way.

  2. Wife Swap - Yeah...I don't think so. Even if the premise of the show doesn't reflect exactly what the title insinuations, it just totally turns me off.

  3. Lipstick Jungle and...

  4. Cashmere Mafia and...

  5. Desperate Housewives - I don't have any idea what the plots of these three shows are. But all I can picture are inappropriately dressed women pitted against other women. Not interested.

  6. Gossip Girl - WAY too high school. But that's probably what they're going for.

  7. Californication - WHAT?!
I know that not everything on television is tailored for my personal viewing, that networks have to appeal to a wide cross-section of viewers. I'm just saying, I think the makers of these shows (and others) could have done better to label their programs to NOT turn people off before they even hit the airwaves. But it's possible that it's just me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I haven't even heard of most of those... WOW!!! I have watched wife swap...I find it comical at times!