Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Okay Though


Okay, I get it.
It's time to move on.
I'm separating myself from this entire situation...
this train wreck.
It's okay though.

You don't need me anyway;
you don't know how.
Immediate gratification is all you need.
I know it won't bring you ultimate happiness.
It won't even bring you temporary success.
But you don't care to rely on what I know.
I don't know when you lost that much faith in me.
It's okay though.

I'm learning that things of this world aren't important.
Even what I want for you.
I cried about this all day, cleansing myself mind, body, and soul.
Letting go of the bad memories and anger,
...the years of struggle, patience, and devotion to guiding you to adulthood.
And on a Wednesday, while "letting go and letting God", strangers step in on my behalf and give you an immediate gratification that I can't stomach.
I assure you, they only care about you for a few short months.
I have cared about you and your entire life since the very first day I knew you.
Believe it or not.
You probably can't believe it.
Because you've never felt that way about anyone.
It's okay though.

Hopefully one day you'll understand.
I'll always be here for you.
I'll just be a little further away.
You'll have to seek me out.
I'm not holding my breath that you'll do that any time soon.
That's not your way.
It's okay though.

If we were to meet in heaven,
I'm pretty sure it would be all better.
I just pray that we're both invited to that party.

Into God's hands, I return you.
(But just so you know, God doesn't have an office in the high school.)

No comments: