Monday, August 17, 2009

Hairspray

I got my hair cut again on Saturday. Shorter even than my short haircut just a few short weeks ago. Short, short, short. And I like it!

I got it washed and conditioned, trimmed and textured, dried and styled. She finished off the whole event by giving me what felt like a helmet of hairspray.

Do people still use hairspray? I couldn't tell you the last time I even owned a can of hairspray. Granted, I may be a bad example. I mean, I know I'm not much of a fashion plate. I rarely put more time into styling my hair than it takes to wash it. But still, the average woman...does she use hairspray anymore?

I'll bet they do for weddings and proms and pageants. But that's only half a dozen days in an entire woman's life. (Thank God!)

I like to run my fingers through my hair way too much to warrant putting hairspray on it (or is it "in it"? ...whatever). Saturday, I'd go to run my fingers through my hair and they literally got tangled up in my very short hair. How can that be? I'll tell you how...HAIRSPRAY!

My hair was much too short to go too far astray. Yet apparently this young stylist felt it necessary to glue my hair in place. I just don't get it. I couldn't wait to get home and finally wash it.

Today, my hair looks very much like it did Saturday morning. Only today, absolutely no trace of hairspray!

No comments: