Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's happening again...

So much to talk about, can't choose a topic.
I could write half a dozen posts with appropriate titles on each one. Or I could just write one post with a fairly generic title.
I chose the latter.
Speaking of, do you know when you use 'latter' and when to use 'former'? Those English Grammar rules always came pretty easily to me. I can't remember exactly when I learned this one, but it's another one of those things I never forgot. So, here's the rule... When listing two different choices like THIS and THAT, THAT is the latter and THIS is the former. The Latter is always the Last one listed. The Former is always the First one listed. See what I did there? Latter - Last. Former - First. My grammar teachers would be so proud of me for remembering that...and correctly using it.
Have you ever heard of Reliv? I never had until my cousin Amy called me last week. I ended up attending an information session about it at her home last Thursday. Honestly, it didn't matter to me what the 'professionals' said to me during that session. I was ready to commit to trying it based solely on Amy's sales pitch. Reliv is a nutritional supplement, combining a wide range of powerful nutrients in precise arrangements, allowing them to strengthen one another and provide greater health benefits than they would individually.
I don't want to get into the details of Amy's health, but when she described to me all the improvements she was feeling just after a few weeks of taking these supplements, I was amazed. She knows that I have aches and pains, that I don't sleep well and that I'm tired all the time, and that I want (and need!) to lose weight. What she probably didn't know was that I don't eat all that well and I don't take very good care of myself. Anyway, she asked me to try these products. So, I am. And I'm looking forward to realizing some of the same benefits that Amy has. It's only been a few days, but I'll keep you posted.
I paid the balance owed for my cruise in February. WooHoo! Six months away! Between work and MK, football and Christmas shopping, I'm sure the time will fly!
My son just called me. He left my house at 11pm Monday to hang with the guys at the high school. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't been home since then. He didn't say anything Monday night about not coming home. The only thing I got from him Tuesday was a text message around 6pm about being in W'ton with friends (I don't know which friends). He finished the message by saying he'd call back later. Again, he gave me no indication that he wasn't coming home. Nor did he call back later. Well, not until 20 HOURS later. When he called (just after 2pm), he said he just woke up. I didn't ask him where he was. Probably should have.
We just had this discussion a few weeks ago when he was gone for more than a day, about how he owes me the consideration of a phone call when he's going to be gone so long (or not come home at all) just so I don't worry. Apparently he doesn't remember that conversation or doesn't care if I worry about him. But get this! The only reason he called me this afternoon was to ask me if I cared if he spent a few days in Evansville with friends. (I don't know which friends.) I was shocked that he even asked! But I told him I still wanted to know where he'd been the last 48 hours and why he didn't think to call and tell me he wasn't coming home. His only argument was that he sent a text message...to which I replied...and he ignored. I told him that I was done caring where he went. What I WANTED to say was, "Please, GO! And don't worry about coming back. I'm changing the locks." But I wimped out. And he just crawls in through a window anyway.
I wonder how long he really plans to be gone. I wonder if he remembers that he has two doctor's appointments Friday. I wonder if I'm obligated to remind him. Hmmm, I don't even know how I'd get in touch with him to do that reminding anyway. Well, that answers that question.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Praying for Jeff today.

let me know how Reliv goes for you.