Thursday, August 20, 2009

HOME ALONE!

So, I dropped Jeff off at college today. Okay, I didn't just drop him off. We drove an hour and a half, moved everything from the car to the dorm room, unpacked him and made his bed, purchased more than $500 worth of books, and went to dinner.

THEN I LEFT HIM THERE!

He gave me a hug. I held him awhile. But no tears.

Really, we were both ready for this transition. And it's not like this is the first time he's been away from me. He's been traveling back and forth between my home and his father's home for 17 years. In fact, he lived with his dad for two years during his sophomore and junior years in high school. I totally had a meltdown when he left then. But this time, not so much.

Not at all, actually.

Quote of the Day

While explaining the no-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol, the Grove Lodge 2nd floor CA (community assistant), a student named Doug said:

"If you get caught with drugs, the result of your disciplinary hearing is that you WILL get kicked off campus. So, don't bring them here."

I immediately responded...loud enough for everyone to hear... "Don't DO them at all!"

I'm pretty sure his message wasn't, "Leave your drugs off campus." And I felt compelled to make that point out loud.

1 comment:

Christy said...

So glad you did well!! Lets do dinner sometime soon!