Thursday, August 13, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

I haven't been sleeping well this week. That is not unusual for me. But by the end of the week, like today, I really start to feel the ramifications of sleep-deprivation. All day long I have imagined curling up in my bed. Unfortunately for me, as soon as I leave the office, I'll be blissfully anticipating bedtime. That's not a good thing when I have a 17 mile commute ahead me. So, once I force my eyes open for the duration of the trip home, my plan is to mow the ditch side of my house (the pain in the butt that I've put off the last two nights). Then I'll cool off with some Linus time, make myself pasta for dinner, and have a glass of wine. Wine ALWAYS puts me to sleep. Begs the question, why don't I simply drink a glass of wine EVERY night? Hmmm, good question. Perhaps I should do just that. Tonight, I intend to sleep VERY well...for at least eight hours.
I got a new PC at work yesterday. The excitement of getting a brand-new computer system that's shiny and fast is always tempered by the frustrating process of transitioning from the old to the new. You have to pull all of the data off the old machine and get it to the correct place on the new machine. You have to ensure the new machine has all the programs that you need to do your job. If not, you have to make arrangements to get those installed. You have to be able to connect to every online application and database that you used to connect to. You have to recreate your short-cuts and favorites and all those configuration settings that make it more convenient to do your job. Blah, blah, blah. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Long story, short...it took me nearly all day just to get access to my email! But after a bit of frustration, I think I'm up and running now.

Okay, so I drank my Reliv shakes religiously the first week. And I was feeling pretty good. This week, I haven't had the first one. Why not? Uhhh, I really don't have a good answer for that one. I'll work on it. I also have been really slacking on my walking lately. But last night and the night before, I got in pretty good cardio workouts just mowing the lawn. I don't have much more to mow tonight in order to finish, but it will be a bit of a workout. That's three days in a row of physical exertion. That's so much better than the three days prior.

I am now half way through Deuteronomy. I'm nearly done reading the Pentateuch. WooHoo! Slowly making my way through the Old Testament.

OH! And I ran over a snake while I was mowing last night. He (I'm assuming it was male by the look on his face) was only about 12-15" long, skinny, and black with red markings. At first I thought it was just another stick that fell from one of the trees during the last bit of wind. But when he jumped up as I ran over his back end, I had to jump back. I was freaked out a little bit. But I didn't let that stop me from mowing. I think the mower did a bit of damage to him...though not enough to kill the thing. But I kept an eye on him as I finished up the back yard.


I just re-read this post. I used the word BIT often. Do I always do that?

No comments: