Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another Day Off

I took another day off. I probably should have gone to work. But I just couldn't do it.

First of all, I didn't feel all that great. Just a minor cold, scratchy throat and such. But more accurately, I'm still on a high from my weekend and I'm afraid that I won't be able to maintain this feeling if I go into the office. So, I've been avoiding it.

Still, I NEED to go back to work tomorrow. So tonight, I'm turning in early. I NEVER go to bed early. My plan is to read several chapters of the Karen Kingsbury book that I'm reading, "Even Now". That will relax me and help me to fall asleep.


I accomplished more today than yesterday. I saved the flag at the high school. We had a huge storm this afternoon. While sitting in my living room watching the strong winds and heavy rains, I noticed that the American flag at the high school fell to the ground. It was still hanging onto he lanyard, but the knot came loose and the flag was touching the ground. I immediately got into my car, drove across the street, freed the flag, and returned it to the school. I was soaked! But it felt good. Just the veteran in me, I guess.

I also lost a HUGE branch from the tree that sits between my house and my neighbor's home. I can never remember which is bigger, a branch or a limb. At any rate, it's HUGE. I'm lucky that it didn't hit my house OR my neighbor's. That would have been horrible. I keep putting off having that tree taken down because it's so expensive. But I don't think I can put it off any more.

No comments: