Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's All Good


My favorite bible verse is James 1:2-3. In my bible, it reads, "Consider it all joy, my friends, when you encounter various trials, for it is the testing of your faith that produces perseverance."

My translation: It's all good.

Things happen to us. Some things are absolutely amazing; some things are horribly tragic. Sometimes we bring them on ourselves with the decisions that we make. Sometimes they're brought on by circumstances out of our control. Things happen.

The Good News is that our happiness depends on how we deal with those things. We can choose to be injured or we can choose to grow. If we think of everything, good or bad, as a blessing from God, our cross to bear, or a necessary step in our ultimate salvation, it's all good. Every event molds us. We just need to remind ourselves to focus on the grace gained from accepting ALL of God's gifts to us.

Personally, I usually start out injured or overwhelmed or angry, but I eventually get to the blessing. I know that I wouldn't be the person I am today without the experiences I've endured. I'm thankful for the blessings that allow me to live the life I do. But I'm also thankful for the hard knocks that have built my character and enriched my faith.

Just remember, it's all good. It's ALL good! It may not always feel good. But it'll get good.

No comments: