Thursday, September 27, 2007

Welcome Back

I finally went back to work yesterday. I didn't want to, of course. I could have stayed home and slept another few hours, read for awhile, played with the cat. But no, I went in to the office.

My computer took forever to boot up. Apparently I wasn't the only one stuck in vacation mode. I think NMCI pushed something that affected the performance of my PC. That should make for a productive week. When I finally got into my email, I had 128 messages. Gave me an excuse to ease into my day. It took me hours to read, reply, and file all of them. I actually enjoyed it...a built in list that I could attack one item at a time

Yeah, I'm a list girl. I get that from my dad. He's always making lists too. But he's much more accomplished at marking things off. That's the list-maker's favorite thing in the world, marking items off the list. The ultimate fate of the list is to be completely wiped out. I suppose it's sad if you're the list.

But let's be serious. The list is NEVER completely done. There are always new things to add to the list. And depending on my mood and my need to feel productive, my list often becomes more granular. 'Clean the living room' becomes 'vacuum, dust, fluff pillows, clear coffee table, clean windows, Febreze, etc.' I know, it's shameful. Then I get to spend more time making my list and marking things off the list and less time actually performing the items ON the list.

Well, the only thing on my list right now is 'go to bed'. I'll start a new list tomorrow.

No comments: