Monday, September 24, 2007

What an Experience!


I had the most wonderful weekend. I attended the Walk to Emmaus, a Christian retreat. It started Thursday night and lasted 72 hours. And it was amazing! What an incredible way to spend a weekend. I strongly suggest it to anyone looking to renew their faith. Wow! Just...WOW!

As I mentioned in my most recent post, James 1:2-3 is my favorite bible verse. "Consider it all joy, my friends, when you encounter various trials. For it is the testing of your faith that produces perseverance." With my recent challenges, it seemed appropriate. For the last couple of years, it's pretty much been my mantra.

Well, I'm looking for a new bible verse to replace that mantra. I'm thinking about Philippians 1:6 which states, "I am quite confident that the One who began a good work in you will go on completing it until the day Jesus Christ comes." He has a plan for me. And he's already working on me, but He's not done. And He won't stop working on me until He comes again. Thank God!

Did you know that if you read six chapters of your bible every day, you'll have it completed in six months? Six chapters a day doesn't sound all that demanding. So, that's what I'm going to do. Since I'm starting today, I'll be done by March 23rd. I've read a lot of my bible, but I've never read it from cover to cover. And I'm much more familiar with the New Testament. I've found that it's easier to read and has more "good news". But I'm not going to let that stop me. Six chapters every day to finish the bible in six months.

No comments: