Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Year's Eve!

Another fiscal year bites the dust.

I've decided that I don't like the last two days of the fiscal year being during the weekend. My blackberry buzzed off the hook. I spent much of the weekend answering email and trying to connect to the server at work in order to fix issues for our customers. It was such a distraction to my football viewing.

I shouldn't complain; the folks that actually work with the money and the contracts had to be in the office long hours all weekend long. I just support the application that the customers use to do their jobs. So, my role was minimal really. I've just never felt so tied to my 'leash' in the past.

That's what I call my blackberry --- a leash. But I get paid well to be available like that. So, I'll stop whining now. Happy New Year!

No comments: