Saturday, September 29, 2007

Half a Million Dollars Worth of Equipment

What a GREAT day! I finally called someone about taking the dying tree down, the one that lost a huge branch (or limb, whatever) just Tuesday. They came out this afternoon to do an estimate which was A LOT cheaper than I expected. And they even took the trees with them when they left! I can't believe it took one phone call and just a few hours.

I left work early in order to pay them for their services. I got home early enough to watch a lot of the work. Amazing how fast it goes when they know what they're doing. Amazing! A couple of guys were in a cherry-picker trimming the tall branches on the big dying tree. Another one was grinding the stump of the dead trees that used to be next to the driveway. And another two guys were shoving the refuse into a chipper/chopper thing that had THE INTIMIDATOR painted on the side of it. When I told the the man in charge that I thought the whole process was efficient and impressive, he said I was looking at half a million dollars worth of equipment.

I just stood back and watched it all. Not only was the process impressive, but I took the time to appreciate the fact that I would no longer have to worry about these darn trees landing on my house or the neighbor's house. Not to mention, from now on I'd have far less kindling to gather prior to mowing my lawn. Victory all around. At least a half a million dollars worth!

No comments: