Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Body of Christ


I LOVE Saturday night of an Emmaus weekend! If you've ever been to one, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you haven't, then you should SERIOUSLY consider it. Hugs and smiles everywhere. Some of the most beautiful prayers I've ever heard. Wonderfully uplifting music. And the opportunity to serve others. What's not to love?!

This whole day has been glorious. I slept really well last night. I even slept IN. It was lovely. (I remember dreaming about my cousin Tony and hanging out with my mom and one of my sisters.) I spent time today making greeting cards...one of my favorite things. It was just beautiful today...sun shining, birds chirping, blue skies. I curled my hair and polished my nails, so I look like a girly-girl. I enjoyed an Emmaus evening. Then Kansas beat North Carolina, making me the winner of the office pool before the last game is even played. And now I'm watching 'Must Love Dogs.' I really like John Cusack and chick flicks. Any time the leading man in a movie says, "There's just something special about this girl", I love it!

I have a sister-in-law who hates chick flicks. I know it doesn't take a lot of brain power to enjoy one. But I love mushy sometimes. And it reminds me that there's still part of me that ultimately wants to be in love. And that's kind of cool too. Makes me smile.

No comments: