Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Own the Catmobile


I bought a new car a few weeks ago. Okay, it's not new-new as it had just over 13,000 miles on it when I got it. But it's an '08 and it's new to me. It's a Grand Prix. And I have to admit...I'm not in love with it yet. I miss my Impala and all 148,000 miles it had on it. Don't get me wrong. It's nice not to have the bounce in the front end that I caused when I ran it off the road. And I was kind of getting tired of the Impala telling me that it was overheating or out of gas when nothing could be further from the truth. But right now, the Grand Prix is just a car. Just transportation. I don't love it yet.

Linus on the other hand LOVES the new car. I know this because he spends so much time on it. He walks all over it! Kitty cat paw prints everywhere. On the hood mostly, but also the trunk, the roof, and both bumpers. Everyone...no, I mean EVERYONE...who sees my car says, and I quote, "So, you have a cat?" I have a difficult time not responding with something like, "Duh!" I hate that answer because I have a teenager and I hear it regularly. But there is NO more appropriate reply.

Yes, I have a cat and obviously he enjoys spending time on my car. So, my mom dubbed it the Catmobile. I like it. Maybe the pet name (no pun intended) will make it more endearing to me.

No comments: