Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's gonna take all the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) we can muster...

It's time to go home! I feel like I've been here for WEEKS instead of just days. So much information; my head is FULL! It's been awhile since I've felt so completely overwhelmed by a training course. And the training course only covered the Production Planning bubble of the diagram below. So many more to go.

Everyone that supports the supply and inventory system I work on KNOWS that the transition to the Navy standard system is going to be an ENORMOUS undertaking. Well, this week, I got a peek at just how HUGE that task is going to be. I've never been more motivated to finish a book (or two or ten), giving me an alternate source of income and allowing me to have the option to leave defense contracting once and for all.

But of course, that's just a dream. A BIG one! But one that seems more feasible right now than this transition.

No comments: