Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To be Linus for a Day

I had a fairly annoying, crazy busy day. Again, I didn't want to go to work. But avoiding a problem rarely causes it to go away. And why is that?

I finished my day sitting on the porch reading another couple of chapters from 'Writing Down the Bones' and petting Linus Felinus. He's a great snuggler. Best part of my day really. I asked him about his day, but he was pretty coy. I got a meow every once in awhile, but he was keeping the happenings of his day all to himself. Makes me think he was getting into some no good trouble. Such a boy thing to do!

Oh, to be a cat. I wonder what his day is really like. He just seems to always enjoy whatever it is he's doing. I need to take a lesson from the cat. I KNOW he sleeps a ton. So, I'm already jealous! And everything is a toy in his world. And when faced with a stressor, he's all about fight or flight. I mean, he reacts on instinct. So, if he thinks he can handle the situation, he fights. Otherwise, he takes flight. And Linus is FAST. Flight is no challenge for him. When he decides to take flight, he is outta there. I've even seen him climb a tree, which is absolutely amazing considering he doesn't have front claws. How can he do that?! But given the right motivation, I guess anything is possible.

But what really made me scratch my head tonight was the fact that he takes a bath while rolling around on the dirty, dusty sidewalk. Talk about a waste of time. Then again, I guess he has the time to waste.

Except for the way he bathes himself, I think it might be pretty cool to live the life of Linus for a day or two. I wonder if he could pull off MY day. We could call it an even swap. Yeah, I'll NEVER be able to sell that load of crap...even to a cat.

No comments: