Friday, April 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home


It's so nice to be home. So, nice. This was one crazy trip, as far as flying goes. This morning, I wasn't even sure that I'd get here.


When we got to the Baltimore Washington International Airport this morning and tried to check in, they said that my reservation had been cancelled. WHAT?! They said that because I missed my connecting flight in Philly on Sunday, they didn't think I'd need the return flight today.


I explained to him that I had a very short layover and US Air gave me a second connecting flight in the event that I missed my original connecting flight. But in fact, I made the original flight and obviously made it to Baltimore because here I was. Lucky for me, they were able to get me on the same flight back to Louisville. So, in less than a week, I had a delayed flight, a very short layover, missing luggage, and then a cancelled flight. I'm just glad I made it back to God's Country.


Speaking of God's Country...we had an earthquake this morning. I missed it but heard all about it on the news over breakfast in a hotel in Maryland. THAT was a little unsettling. But I was happy to hear that there was no major damage to person or property. Later this morning, I got the following email:



Saints of the MOST HIGH GOD, did you feel it? Did you feel the earth tremble?


I have some verses for you today.


Isaiah 2:19 Men will flee to caves in the rocks and to holes in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of His majesty, when He rises to shake the earth.


Isaiah 2:21 They will flee to caverns in the rocks and to the overhanging crags from dread of the LORD and the splendor of His majesty, when He rises to shake the earth.


Isaiah 5:25 Therefore the LORD's anger burns against His people; His hand is raised and He strikes them down. The mountains shake, and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets. Yet for all this, His anger is not turned away, His hand is still upraised. This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!


Isaiah 13:3 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of His burning anger.


Isaiah 24:18 Whoever flees at the sound of terror will fall into a pit; whoever climbs out of the pit will be caught in a snare. The floodgates of the heavens are opened, the foundations of the earth shake.


Isaiah 24:19 The earth is broken up, the earth is split asunder, the earth is thoroughly shaken.


Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.


Joel 2:10 Before them the earth shakes, the sky trembles, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine.


Hagaai 2:6-7 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the LORD Almighty.


Did you feel it, children of GOD? SHAKE US AGAIN! SHAKE US AGAIN! ONLY YOU CAN SHAKE US AGAIN. Father, shake our spirits as you shake the earth! We feel the rumblings of your soon coming! COME LORD JESUS! We see the signs, we hear the thunder, we long for You to appear! The labor pains grow closer and stronger! Come LORD JESUS!


Psalm 46 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

No comments: