Monday, January 5, 2009

'09 Resolutions

I know, I know. It's about time. Actually, I came up with my resolutions Saturday; I just didn't take the time to post this blog entry until today. And then, only because I'm at home, sick.

I have decided that in order to stay on track with my 40X40 goals, my New Year’s resolutions should be in line with them. So, here’s my list.

Resolution #1
Do at least 30 minutes of exercise every day.
This resolution is in line with at least three of my 40 X 40 goals:
  • Lose 70 pounds. (#1)
  • Walk two miles every day for a month. (#4)
  • Run a 5K. RUN THE ENTIRE 5K. (#5)

Resolution #2
Spend at least 15 minutes writing every day.

This resolution is in line with at least three of my 40 X 40 goals:

  • Write a book. (#2)
  • ...and have it published. (#3)
  • Complete my Winghill writing course. (#29)

Resolution #3
Put 10% of my income into savings. AND Reduce my existing debt by 20%.

This resolution is in line with at least two of my 40 X 40 goals:

  • Debt free except for the house. (#17)
  • Donate $1,000 anonymously to a worthy cause. (#39)

Resolution #4
Read at least five chapters in my bible every day.

This resolution is in line with at least two of my 40 X 40 goals:

  • Read my bible cover to cover. (#16)
  • Visit IHOP. (#37)

Resolution #5
Write letters to Jeff twice a month.
This one doesn't really affect my 40 X 40 goals. But I think it will be a good way to touch my teenager's life every once in awhile. We talk. But not always about the important things. He's busy; I'm busy. I just don't want to lose any more opportunity to parent him than I already have. I want to use the letters to lift him up, counsel him, remind him about the important things, and tell him something that I love about him. With any luck, he'll be going away to college in 7-8 months. And I look forward to sending him cards and notes.

So that covers mind, body, soul, and financial responsibility. I also have a resolution to redecorate, clean, organize, and repair my home. I'm just not sure where to start with that one...or how to track it. But with my new job, I'll be working much less overtime. And I won't have to travel much, if at all. And I can't imagine having to bring work home with me. So, I want to take advantage of all the free time.

I've even added 'tickers' to my sidebar to keep track of my progress. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I think your list sounds wonderful!

Happy New Year!

Lo said...

If you'd like to read the bible cover to cover, I have a great website. www.dailyaudiobible.com
They have a great podcast if you have itunes. This is his forth year and he chooses a new translation each week. Thanks for my Saucy visit! Stop by any time!

Mary Anna said...

Thanks for visiting, SITSa.

Great resolutions. I like the one about writing letters. I would love to write letters to my hubby and my boys. Might need to try that.

Tara Bennett said...

Great goals. Best wishes in 09!