Monday, May 4, 2009

40 X 40 Status Update

Another quarterly 40 X 40 status update.

1. Lose 70 pounds.
- Backsliding bad! Must focus. Watch what you eat. Walk every day.

9. Read 40 books I've never read before.
- I've done lots of reading lately. I even read a couple of books that I'd read previously... but they're not on the list.
I've read the following books since I started my 40 X 40 challenge (books listed in previous updates are in blue):
  1. G Is for Gumshoe - Sue Grafton
  2. H Is for Homicide - Sue Grafton
  3. Through the Labyrinth of Writing Your Book - Anne Wayman
  4. One for the Money - Janet Evanovich
  5. Sundays at Tiffany's - James Patterson
  6. Plum Lucky - Janet Evanovich
  7. Lean Mean Thirteen - Janet Evanovich
  8. Shattering Glass - Gail Giles (Jeff's library book)
  9. Five Alive - Janet Evanovich
  10. Visions of Sugar Plums - Janet Evanovich
  11. Double Cross - James Patterson
  12. Hooked - Les Edgerton
  13. Spiritual Secrets to Weight Loss - Kara Davis, MD
  14. Ten Big Ones - Janet Evanovich
  15. Twelve Sharp - Janet Evanovich
  16. Fearless Fourteen - Janet Evanovich
  17. To the Nines - Janet Evanovich
  18. 8th Confession - James Patterson

21. Get a passport...
- Okay, I still haven't done anything with the paperwork for this one. But I'm motivated now. I'm going on a cruise to the Bahamas in February with my cousin and a couple of her co-workers/friends. WooHoo!


22. ...and use it.
- See #21 above! Did I mention, a cruise... to the Bahamas! My first one! WooHoo!

25. Touch an ocean.
- See #21 and #22 above! Surely I'll get the opportunity to touch an ocean during one of our two port calls, Nassau and Freeport.

35. Attend all local book signings.
- I haven't read about any local book signings. But I took part in an online auction where I bid on a book directly from the author. She's going to sign it and send it to me. So far, that's the closest I've come to a local book signing. I'm excited to read the book too.

40. Go sailing for a day.
- uhhh, see #21, #22, and #25 above! It's not exactly what I meant by sailing. But hey, just might fit the bill.

No comments: