Friday, May 15, 2009

Graduation Invitation

Well, you may have heard rumors. Jeffrey Michael Underwood is graduating from high school. Loogootee High School, specifically. He thought long and hard before deciding if he was even going to attend his own Commencement. Being that LHS is the third high school he's attended, he's just not all that sentimental about it. But alas, the decision has been made... he is planning to walk... with cap and gown... and mandatory white shirt and tie.

But he flat out told me that if he had to send out invitations, he wasn't going. In an effort to keep our plans for that evening intact, I've decided to go with a much more informal announcement. But don't tell him I told you! I will deny even knowing who you are.

So, let it be known that on Friday, May 29th, 2009, at 7:00 PM at the Loogootee High School gymnasium, AKA Butcher Arena, Jeffrey Michael Underwood will wait with bated breath for his name to be called so that he can receive his diploma, proof that he's received all required credits for graduation from an Indiana high school. Even though he would NEVER say it himself, I'm sure Jeff would love to see you there.

Jeff specifically requested (made me promise, in fact) that I NOT host a party in his honor. In exchange, Jeff agreed to attend the graduation mass. That was a no-brainer for me, folks. So, you can also see Jeff in his cap and gown on Sunday, May 24th, 2009 at the 10:00 AM mass at St. John's Catholic Church in Loogootee.

Now, if you don't mind, say a quick prayer that none of these plans change. Thanks!

2 comments:

Amarie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Coming through from SITS. I know you are sooo pround. Have a wonderful weekend! :-0

Sock Monkey said...

Following your blog!

Late but never forgotten! Have a great weekend my fellow sitstahs!

Camp Sock Monkey