Friday, May 1, 2009

It's May Day!

It's 11:24pm and I just realized that I haven't written a blog entry today. So, here I am. Typing my little fingers to the bone in a frenzy to get something published before midnight.

Okay, that's a big ole exaggeration. Not the forgetting part, but the stressing over getting something published part. My blog doesn't stress me out. Writing (and typing) are therapeutic for me.

I can sit and type for quite some time. I've typed random thoughts in my head. I've tried keeping up with dialog on television. I'm not fast enough for that. Normally, I'd rather type what I 'see' or what I 'feel' from the scene, as if I was writing it myself instead of simply interpretting it.

And anyone who knows me at all, knows that I'm never at a loss for words. So, I can pretty much come up with something or nothing and go on and on about it as long as I want. It's a gift.

Today is May Day. In a few other countries, that means more than it does in this one. But there's a huge May Day parade in Minneapolis that draws like 35,000 people. That's pretty impressive.

I read somewhere that one May Day tradition is to put together a basket of flowers and treats, leave it on someone's doorstep, knock or ring the bell, and then run away. The person on the other side of the door, the one you left the basket for, will then attempt to chase you down. If they catch you, you get to (have to) exchange a kiss.

I think I'd be pretty picky about whose door I dropped a basket in front of.

No comments: