Thursday, April 30, 2009

Three Months in a Row!

I did it! Another month, another NaBloPoMo success. Three months in a row. 89 consecutive days. Are you getting tired of me yet? : )

There's a 70% chance of precipitation this Saturday. You know what that means? I'll be car-hopping in the rain! Ugh!

In one month, God willing, Jeff will be a high school graduate. Where has the time gone?!

I only have to work six hours tomorrow. And I'm pretty darn excited about it!

The library just got in the latest James Patterson novel, The 8th Confession. And they called ME to see if I wanted to read it first since I'm such a huge fan. I picked it up today. I can't wait to start it!

I have 42 days to finish an online Project Management course (PM201E). My 42 days started on April 8th. I've put next to NO TIME into that course. Time to GET BUSY! Not finishing it on time is NOT an option! I took PM101E last year and finished in 29 days with about 30 hours of work involved. So, I'm hopeful that I can knock this one out. A couple hours every day. Or a few hours every weekend day. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can... [sigh]

I have raised $907.50 for the Martin County Relay for Life!

Did you know that the National Day of Prayer is one week from today? The theme this year is "Prayer...America's Hope". Our local event is at the high school auditorium at 6pm (I think).

Today at lunch, we were talking about the swine flu pandemic. One of the men at the table said that 30,000 people die of the flu every year. Not necessarily swine flu, but a version of the flu. I did not know this little factoid, if in fact it is actually a fact. So he didn't understand why they were making such a big deal of this strain of flu. He pretty much thought that the media was hyping this up to generate news... perhaps to take our minds off the economy?

Did I mention that I only have to work six hours tomorrow?!

No comments: