Sunday, April 26, 2009

Random Stuff

I was a Bea Arthur fan. Of the four Golden Girls, she's the one I could most relate to... intelligent, single, confident, little social life, tempted to correct other people's English. : ) She passed away yesterday. Rest in peace, Dorothy Zbornak.



Do you ever dream about your children? I dream about Jeff pretty regularly. And of those dreams that I remember, he was a small child in every one. A toddler or a baby, actually. I dreamt about him again this morning. I don't remember much about the dream. But Jeff was probably 18 months old. He was wearing a white onesie... You know, the little t-shirts that snap at the crotch. And he was laughing. Someone was holding him like he was flying though the air. I don't remember who. I just remember he must have been enjoying it, because he was laughing.

My mom said that perhaps in my subconscious, I still consider him a baby. I don't know. But I always wake up reminiscing about that little boy. Sometimes I desire the opportunity to relive those days.

This evening, Jeff and I are watching a 007 movie, Quantum of Solace. I have to admit, I don't really know a whole heck of a lot about what's going on. They've been in several countries. There seem to be a ton of characters. And it's frustrating the heck out of me that they keep speaking in foreign languages without giving us sub-titles. I'll bet that a good 25% of this movie is in a language that I can't comprehend. It's very annoying. If I was enjoying it AT ALL, I might watch it 2-3 more times just to know what the heck is going on. As it stands, I'm looking forward to the end of this one.

Only 90 days until our 20 year class reunion. And today, we had a very good, very productive committee meeting. I've really slacked the last month. But thankfully, everyone else has really been on the ball.

I wish the same could be said for my Relay team. So far, NO ONE has stepped up to help out car-hopping next weekend. In fact, only one person responded to my email...and she said she couldn't help. I've already told Jeff that's he's been drafted. He'd rather stay behind the counter. But he may not have that luxury. If I could just get one more person to volunteer, and even if it was just from 11-1, I'd feel much better about the whole thing. As it stands, I'm praying that God gives me the strength and patience to handle the day. I need to be on my feet for nearly six hours straight. I need to do a job that I only do once a year. I need to not adversely affect the restaurant's business. And I hope to raise plenty of funds for Relay for Life.

On the bright side... Less than one hour after my shift ends, I'll be cantering at mass. By the end of mass (as long as I don't totally foul up), I'll feel MUCH better. Mass always brings me peace. And I love to sing. It's very centering. So, even though I totally expect my day to be very stressful, God has built in an immediate medicinal, spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical remedy for me. I should sleep VERY well Saturday night. Thank you, Lord!