Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Calendar Day


Once again, according to my Franklin Covey day planner, today is Administrative Professionals Day. There's a teeny tiny little R in a circle. When I look at the bottom of the calendar page, I read this...

Administrative Professionals Day is a registered trademark of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).


Does anyone else think it's strange that an organization creates a day to honor it's members, puts it on a public calendar, and then trademarks the name of the day? I find that a little self-indulgent. Not that I don't fully appreciate the Administrative Professionals in my life. But still...

So, lucky for me, it's also EARTH DAY!

Isn't that a gorgeous picture?!

I got the following from www.earthday.net/earthday2009.

Earth Day 2009, April 22, will mark the beginning of The Green Generation Campaign TM which will also be the focus of the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day in 2010. With negotiations for a new global climate agreement coming up in December, Earth Day 2009 must be a day of action and civic participation, to defend The Green Generation’s core principles:

  • A carbon-free future based on renewable energy that will end our common dependency on fossil fuels, including coal.
  • An individual’s commitment to responsible, sustainable consumption.
  • Creation of a new green economy that lifts people out of poverty by creating millions of quality green jobs and transforms the global education system into a green one.

1 comment:

jmt said...

Hi, I am popping over from SITS roll call. I read your profile and just have to say...I totally agree. Typing is therapeutic. I zone out and just zoom on the keyboard. My husband gets irritated at its clickity clackity. I love that part of it too. Happy Earth Day. And Admin Prof Day. Way to recognize.