Monday, April 27, 2009

There's something about Mondays...


Okay, so Mondays doesn't really KILL me. But suffice it to say, I'm not a big fan.

I don't sleep well Sunday nights. I don't hit the ground running when I get to the office. It takes me literally HOURS to feel 100%. Until then, I keep repeating things to myself. I second guess myself. I find myself overwhelmed if I have more than 2-3 things in front of me that I need to accomplish. And I can't wait to come home and just go to bed.

It doesn't really matter what else I need to accomplish on a Monday night. After "House", I can't wait to fall asleep. I try not to schedule anything on Monday nights just so I can get a good night's sleep... recover from Monday, prepare for Tuesday.

Then not surprisingly, Tuesday's are oh-so-much better. I'm sure it's because I feel that I've survived another Monday. It could be because I forced myself to get more sleep Monday night. I wouldn't even be surprised if a lot of it is in my head. I just know that Tuesday will be a much more productive, organized, enjoyable day for me.

I look forward to Tuesday. I don't look forward to Monday.

So, I often say that on Monday's I should just sleep in, call in sick, avoid my normal, unpleasant Monday experience. But then it would probably just ruin my Tuesday. And we can't have that.

I'm going to bed. It's almost Tuesday!

No comments: