Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taco Bell Commercials

Okay, I know this is a petty thing. But I have to point out a couple of issues I have with a couple of the latest Taco Bell commercials.

In one of them, there are two guys waiting in line to enter an event. I can't even remember what the event is. A movie or a ballgame. Who knows?! But one of the guys is dressed like a pregnant woman. Yes, that is strange. But that's not even my point in calling them out.

The reason this man is dressed like a woman is so that he can hide his snacks in the bubble that is his pregnant belly. Again, strange. But again, not my point.

He's all excited about Taco Bell's nacho options. And at one point he says something like, "Triple Layer Nachos, Beefy 5-Layer Nachos, and 7-Layer Dip Nachos... ALL for under a buck."

Ummm, NOT true. They are EACH available for under a buck. To get them ALL, you're going to pay at least $2.67. I know it's just semantics. But it annoys me.

In a separate commercial, there are two guys eating the Taco Bell Taco Salad. And they're so concerned with finding the lettuce. They can't seem to find the lettuce. And holy cow, it must not be a salad if it doesn't have lettuce!

Says who?! Potato salad has no lettuce. Egg salad, no lettuce. FRUIT salad, no lettuce. Ham salad, tuna salad, chicken salad.... uh-huh, you got it. NO LETTUCE. What's the deal with them thinking that lettuce makes the salad?

Okay, so I find a couple of their commercials a bit annoying. But I still think they have a great catch-phrase... THINK OUTSIDE THE BUN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the Taco Bell commerical and who would dress like a pregnant women to save $3.00on Nachos?? Not me and I hope not many men???

Anonymous said...

I just found this post because Ive been looking around for an explanation for the newest taco bell commercial where they're eating the super spicy tacos at the wedding, then they go to the wedding with sweatbands on. I dont get it. Are they trying to make it look like they've been playing basketball?

Lol i hate taco bell