Saturday, April 18, 2009

We Walk by Faith

We had an absolutely GORGEOUS day in southern Indiana today. My favorite day of the year thus far... BY far!

This evening, I was the canter at mass. That just means that even though everyone is welcome to sing, and most of them do, I was the one with the microphone.

I was asked to sing a song I'd never sung before. But it went PERFECTLY with the Gospel tonight. (Oh, and for any of you reading this that actually heard me sing at mass, I'm REALLY sorry for my poor rendition of "How Can I Keep from Singing". Ugh, it was... NOT good.)

Tonight's Gospel
John 20:19-31

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you." When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so I send you." And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

Thomas, called Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in His hands and put my finger into the nail marks and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you." Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see My hands, and bring your hand and put it into My side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen Me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples that are not written in this book. But these are written that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that through this belief you may have life in His name.


Hymn
We Walk by Faith

We walk by faith, and not by sight.
No gracious words we hear
of Him who spoke as none e'er spoke,
but we believe Him near.

We may not touch His hands and side,
nor follow where He trod;
yet in His promise we rejoice
and cry "My Lord and God!"

Help then, O Lord, our unbelief,
and may our faith abound,
to call on You when You are near,
and seek where You are found.

That when our life of faith is done
in realms of clearer light
we may behold You as You are
in full and endless sight.

1 comment:

Crazee Juls said...

Thank you for stoppin' by my blog. I sure enjoyed reading yours... I'm not a great singer either, but always enjoy singing at church. To God--it's nothing but beautiful I'm for sure of that... :) Stop back by and say hello, any time!